Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Stage Craft For Dummies

Yesterday I shared a sampling of our online auction.  I've been adding more things, and still have more to add.  It should be pretty awesome!

This morning I added a really special item that was donated by my dear friend, Kirsten Beitler.  I've known Kirsten for many years.  She has adopted two of her 4 children and has been a huge supporter of ours throughout this process.  Not only does she possess a great gift as an artist (check out her donated item here), but she is a beautiful person inside and out.

Portrait by Kirsten Beitler

A few weeks ago she posted on her own blog about adoption.  It was so beautifully written that I wanted to share it with all of you.  She shares her answer to a common question she gets about her adopted kids: "Do you love them the same?" 

Perhaps you've wondered this as well.  I mean, is it really possible to love adopted kids just as much as you love your biological kids?  Kirsten shares her answer.  And I wholeheartedly agree.

However:
Sometimes I get worried that I won't have enough to give to all these kids. 
I frequently doubt myself as a mom. 
I fear that I don't have it in me to be perfectly consistent.
I worry about how to discipline and teach and influence these kids.
Occasionally I freak out that I have to fit all my parenting into 2 years with Albina since I've already missed out on over 16 years of her life.
AND
Sometimes I think I'll never be able to do anything beyond mothering once I have 7 kids to care for. 

(This is a real fear since I have hobbies and talents that I'd really like to pursue and I've already placed them on the back burner for quite some time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy and honored to do so since I love my family and my children so much... but eventually I'd really like to get back on stage!) 

I'm very aware of my imperfections and inadequacies.  I'm absolutely positive that I'm not the perfect candidate for the job I'm about to take on.  But in spite of my shortcomings, I will admit to having one strength.  And that's my willingness to do whatever God asks of me.  And I suppose that will have to be enough for now. 

My 4 biological children have forgiven me over and over again throughout the years.  They've overlooked the fact that sometimes their mother is absolutely crazy and insane!  I continually marvel that they could possibly love me so much.  But they do. 

And hopefully Albina, Alina and Maks will be able to get to a point where they can overlook my long list of issues and simply love me and accept me as their mother.  Because I am absolutely positive that I will continue to simply love them and accept them the same way I accept and love my biological children.

And now I'm crying and aching for these kids. 

And the stage can wait...



* IT'S ALMOST HERE!* 
Truax Adoption Adventure Online Charity Auction
BEGINNING TOMORROW MORNING AT 1AM
November 15-16, 2012
Check out all the great items you'll be bidding on HERE.
(Our online auction includes items from businesses in Salt Lake, Utah & Washington Counties, PLUS many items that that we can deliver and/or ship to your home)

No comments:

Post a Comment