Friday, October 12, 2012

LET THE COIN WARS BEGIN!

A couple of weeks ago Micah came into my room right before bed.  He dropped this in my lap:


Then he said, "This is all my money.  It's for the adoption."

Soon after this experience, I asked for fundraising ideas.  One of the first ideas was the following:

"You could ask the school that your children go to, to do a coin wars. Its simple and fun!"
(This was the winner of our FUNDRAISING GIVE-AWAY! Please contact me with your address so I can send you your prize!)  :-)

However, when we talked to my daughters school, they determined that they wanted to work toward some other fundraisers for our family.  (How awesome is it that they are stepping forward to support and help us?)

Even though Coin Wars wasn't going to work in the school, I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that "no donation is too small".  So, as I thought about Micah's donation and the Coin Wars idea, I came up with the following idea for our next fundraiser:

VIRTUAL COIN WARS!
1.  Collect all your loose change.

Micah got change out of my closet, purse and car.

2.  Count it out.

Counting all those pennies got a little confusing, but he got through it without losing count!
3.  Donate that amount to our cause and help get us closer to saving Albina, Alina & Maks.

Donated: $7.38

4.  Send in pictures of your coin collection, or tell me how much loose change you were able to collect.  (Send to truaxadoptionadventure@gmail.com)  Whoever comes up with and donates the largest coin collection will win a gift card!  Seriously, You could actually get rewarded for donating to us.  How cool is that?   

When I say every dollar counts... I actually mean:

EVERY PENNY COUNTS!  

Really!

In 6 days I will be going out of town for a few days to run a half marathon.  Let's see how much change we can come up with BEFORE my half marathon!  I think this could be surprising!

LET THE COIN WARS BEGIN!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment