Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Love, Emma

Preface:  Today's guest blogger is my 2nd daughter, Emma.  She is a beautiful young lady that has a huge heart and a fun personality.  Thank you, Emma!

_________________________________________________________________


Recently my older sister Toria moved out of the house and into her own apartment so she could attend college at UVU. Although it was hard to see her go, I knew that she would be only one hour away so I could visit her on the weekends or basically anytime because she is so close, and thanks to modern technology I could Skype her, call her, and Facebook her almost every day and know that I would get an immediate response. Not only that, but I had 16 years to get sick of living in the same house with her and also to prepare for the day when she would move out.

About a month ago I said goodbye to two of my other sisters, but unlike Toria, they aren’t an hour away.  I can’t contact them anytime, and I only had 3 ½ weeks to get to know them. My heart aches because I don’t know when I'll see them next. 

As a senior, I have been doing a lot of research for colleges in and out of this state. Researching colleges has gotten me excited to be able to learn and grow in a new environment, try new things and be independent. Being interested in theater, most of the schools I am looking at are on the East Coast and very far away. While it excites me to think about all of my possibilities of going to college where I can really learn and push myself the most, part of me wants to stay in Utah and live at home so that I can have as much time with my new siblings once they finally get here. My BIGGEST fear is that fundraising will take so long, that they won’t get here until next summer and I will only have one month with them until I leave to go to a school that is all the way across the country only to return for holidays and school breaks. I want as much time as possible with these kids. They are my sisters and brother, and I want to be able to have the chance to know them before I have to leave them. How can I do that if I only have one month with them?

I want these kids to join our family more than I have ever wanted anything in my entire life. I know that God will work things out the way that everything is supposed to work out. I’m just praying that it isn’t supposed to work out so that I only have one month with my new siblings. 

For those of you that have already donated or supported us in anyway, I want to thank you so very much.  Your contributions have given me hope that we can get my sisters and brother here soon. For those of you that haven’t donated yet, it’s never too late. Please help us so that we can get my siblings here! I want them to come home SO badly!

Love,
Emma
Emma and Alina



Albina and Emma

_________________________________________________________________

BOGO Total Update: $770

Only 2 days and we have almost reached our goal!  Yay!  Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment