Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Writing & Flying

Tonight when the girls got home, Albina wanted to go shopping and use her gift card.  We went to the mall and they were in heaven… kept saying “wow!”  Albina ended up buying some earrings and perfume for herself.  She also purchased a t-shirt for one of her friends (a boy… but she claims he is NOT her boyfriend).  In addition to the gift card, both girls had received $20 from some friends of ours.  I told them they could purchase whatever they wanted (that’s how Albina was able to purchase so much).  Alina decided that with the $20 she got, she would get her ears pierced.  She was a little nervous, but when she was finished, she was so happy and gave me lots of hugs and kisses.  Both girls kept telling me how happy they were.  Albina said, “Please tell your friends thank you.  I am so happy!”


After we got home from shopping we watched a movie together.  After the movie, Alina wrote us a note in Google Translate.  She wanted to know if, when they went home, we would write to them and come fly to them.  I told her, “We will write to you, and we will try to visit as soon as we can.”  She was so excited and gave me lots of hugs and kisses.  James and I later talked about it and decided that maybe she isn’t as clueless about the potential adoption as we thought.  Hmmm… makes you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment