Friday, August 10, 2012

Together for Christmas?

Today I woke up feeling sick and yucky.  Alina came and climbed into bed with me to snuggle.  She kept saying, “Good morning!  Good morning!”  I kept saying, “No. I want to stay in bed.”  Then once I started getting up she pushed me back down, tucked me into bed and said, “No good morning!”  She left the room for a bit and then came back for more snuggling.  Again she said, “Good morning!  Good morning!”  I google translated, “I am sick.  I want to rest.”  She immediately tried to comfort me and get me to smile.  Then she said goodbye and went to Cowabunga Bay with Emma, Isabel, Micah and Albina. 


We had a meeting scheduled with the adoption facilitator.  We had a lengthy discussion going over all the things to expect throughout the process.  We were able to ask many questions and get answers.
Half way through the meeting Albina came home.  She came in and sat in on the remainder of the meeting (that’s where our girls were all sitting).  Although she likely didn’t understand everything, we are fairly certain she understood enough that she knows it was a meeting about adopting her and her siblings.  After the meeting James said, “Are you okay?”  (talking about her day) and she said, “Yes!  I’m very happy!”  I don’t know if she was referring to what she had overheard in the meeting or what, but I’d like to think she was okay with the prospect of being adopted into our family. 

Once we got home from our date, the kids were watching a movie.  Everyone was really happy and silly tonight.  At 11:30pm they all came to us and asked if they could go to the park in their pajamas.  We allowed them to go for just a few minutes.  Crazy kids!  I’m glad they are having fun together.   

Tonight Micah asked if we could just fly to Ukraine with them on Sunday since we know we want to adopt them.  We explained that we needed to take care of a lot of things before we head to Ukraine to pick them up.  Then he said, “Can we at least get them before Christmas?  I just really think we need to be together as a family for Christmas!”  I agree… but there are certain things outside of my control.  We will pray for miracles to take place and work hard to earn the money and get all paperwork taken care of.  Outside of that, we just have to be patient and trust that God will take care of things quickly!

Tomorrow James and I plan to take Albina to lunch with our translator, Anya.  It should be nice.

I can’t believe we only have one more full day with these girls!  L

No comments:

Post a Comment